Sometimes you just get tired of cold cereal and milk in the mornings, right? But maybe you can’t make it to Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles for a while, or maybe your getaway is still months in advance. Whatever the case, your mouth may be watering for a hot B&B breakfast, so let us help you with our recipe for Ooey Gooey Stuffed French Toast:
1 1/2 cup half and half
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons white corn syrup
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 loaf French bread
1/2 cup confectionary sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup raspberry preserve
2 tablespoons pancake syrup
2 teaspoons water
1. In a large bowl, beat together, eggs, half and half, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, Grand Marnier and ground nutmeg. In small saucepan, combine unsalted butter, white corn syrup and brown sugar to make the crème brulee sauce. Bring to a boil and poor hot mixture into a greased 9 x 13 x 2 dish.
2. Cut bread into 1-inch slices, and assemble tightly on crème brulee in baking dish. Pour egg mixture from Step 1 over bread. Refrigerate covered overnight, then bring to room temperature for 30 minutes and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Take out of oven and run knife around edges of bread slices. Let cool for 5-10 minutes to set.
3. Lemon Ricotta Filling: Combine confectionary sugar, fresh lemon juice and lemon zest, fold into ricotta cheese and refrigerate to set.
4. Raspberry Sauce: In a small saucepan add raspberry preserves, pancake syrup, and water, bring to a boil and reduce to a thick consistency.
5. With a small pastry brush, smear raspberry sauce on a serving plate. Place one piece of French toast on plate, crème brulee side down. Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of lemon ricotta filling on French toast, and add second piece of French toast, crème brulee side up. Drizzle raspberry sauce and garnish with fresh raspberries and blueberries, then sprinkle with lemon zest. Dust with confectionary sugar, then eat and enjoy!
Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles invites all of you writers out there to join us here on Virginia’s Eastern Shore for one fun workshop! Are you in need of a quiet place to collect your thoughts and sort them out onto paper? Do you have a half-finished story that you just haven’t found the time to complete? Do you find yourself struggling through writer’s block and in need of some brainstorming? Then this workshop is definitely for you.
Keep reading to find out more information about workshop activities, registration, and our phenomenal writing coach, M. Shannon Hernandez.
1. Your workshop activities will include the following: individual instructional sessions with Shannon, sunrise journaling, a sunset celebration, wine tasting, two writing craft workshops, a writer’s meet & greet, and plenty of time to write on your own and hone your craft.
2. If you choose to sign up for the “Bayside Escape” option, breakfast will be included!
3. We are offering an Early Bird Special for those who register by January 22, 2016:
• Discounted registration ($399)
• Signed copy of Shannon’s book
• Bay Haven Inn Signature Gift
4. You can enjoy one of three pricing options for this writing workshop, so take advantage of whichever one best suits your needs:
- Bayside Experience: Includes the Writing Retreat only, $479
- Bayside Experience: Includes One-Day Writing Retreat Only, $379
- Bayside Escape: Includes Writing Retreat ($479) + Accommodation
5. The last day to register for the Bayside Writing Retreat is Friday, February 19, 2016. Space is limited, so be sure to grab your spot today!
Whether you choose to write on our wrap-around porch, in the winter beauty of the gardens, by the crackling fireplace, or along the shoreline, you’re sure to enjoy the experience. Please feel free to call us (757) 331-2838) or email us (email@example.com) with any question. We look forward to seeing you at this relaxing retreat!
Are you itching and scratching to get out of your house after the cold winter months? Do you need to add some adventure and spontaneity to your life? Beat cabin fever this winter with a visit to Virginia’s Eastern Shore.
Here are 5 things you can look forward to when you stay at the Bay Haven Inn Bed & Breakfast:
Don’t let the winter blues get you down and out this year. Treat yourself to a lovely home-away-from-home mini-retreat at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles Bed & Breakfast.
Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles, Bed & Breakfast in Cape Charles, Virginia Eastern Shore Lodging, beat cabin fever at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles, award-winning bed & breakfast recipes, Romantic Weekend in Cape Charles, Virginia, vacations for wine lovers, sunset escape in Virginia
Are you looking for a Romantic Getaway for Valentine’s Day? Come to Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles, Virginia, and rekindle your romance and love.
If you’ve been handing your sweetheart chocolates, roses, and stuffed animals for the past few years, it’s time to switch it up! Let us help you make this Valentine’s Day a special occasion that will be remembered for a lifetime.
At the Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles, we specialize in building the perfect getaway for you and your lover. Our Lover’s Package is quite popular and includes silk rose petals on the bed, intimate lighting, chocolate-covered strawberries, and champagne.
Looking for something a little more private? Our Fireside Romantic Package may be just what you have in mind for a private celebration. We will be happy to put a package together for you and your sweetie and have everything ready for you when you arrive.
Besides the award-winning breakfast each morning, there is plenty to do in Cape Charles to create an experience that will not be forgotten. Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles is only a short walk away from the bay, where you can stroll along the bay and soak in the beautiful sunsets. Specialty shops and unique dining options adorn our quaint town and plenty of activities are available to you.
We would love to host you for Valentine’s Day this year. Reserve a room and call us to discuss adding a special package. If you can’t make it this Valentine’s Day, perhaps a gift certificate for a future stay at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles would make a lovely gift to keep your sweetheart dreaming of romance and love on Virginia’s Eastern Shore.
Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles, Bed & Breakfast in Cape Charles, Virginia Eastern Shore Lodging, Valentine’s Day at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles, Valentine’s Specials in Virginia, Bay Haven Inn Gift Certificates, Romantic Weekend in Cape Charles, Virginia, Sea Glass, Sunsets
Categories: Getaways & Specials
As 2016 approaches, many people will be starting to write down their New Year’s Resolutions, so we thought it was a good time to share our own resolutions with you all:
1. To appreciate every day. We are thankful to live in the beautiful city of Cape Charles on Virginia’s breathtaking Eastern Shore. Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in the daily grind and not thoroughly appreciate everything that we have, we are blessed to have made this special place home.
2. To pause and take in every sunset we see. Here in Cape Charles, we have the opportunity to watch some absolutely fantastic sunsets over the water, and this year we plan to enjoy the magic in every one that we can.
3. To treasure every moment with new friends and old, family, and even “strangers” (guests). You know we end up like friends or family by the time you leave! Sometimes we can get caught up in the “busy” moments of life. Unfortunately 2015 was a year of loss for many in our lives, reminding us to take hold of every precious moment life affords us. So this year we vow to enjoy our time with you all to the fullest! We promise to leave the dishes and the laundry until later and to take a few more moments to take you up on those offers to sit and sip with you on the porch!
So what do you resolve for 2016? Visit us more we hope! We want you to be a part of a brand new year here at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles. We have your room ready and waiting, so make your reservation now!
How do you usually celebrate New Year’s Eve? Maybe you and a few friends grab a drink or two at a local bar. Maybe you and your family celebrate with a night of hot chocolate and board games. Or maybe you prefer to keep things low key with your significant other, a glass or champagne, and a TV special. But why not do something different this year? If you’ve never been to Cape Charles for New Year’s Eve, then we bet you’ve never watched a celebratory dropping of the crab pot! Don’t you think it’s about time?
Join us here on Virginia’s Eastern Shore for the 2nd Annual Dropping of the Crab Pot on December 31, 2015. This free event will include a fully-lite crab pot (yes, like the ones used to harvest crabs!) dropped from 90 feet, a beautiful display of fireworks, live music, and hot drinks to keep you warm.
But Cape Charles isn’t the only place enjoying this sort of event…we’ll be celebrating along with the town of Nuuk, Greenland. (So our Dropping of the Crab Pot will actually take place at 10:00 P.M. local time and 12:00 A.M. in Nuuk, Greenland.) Did you know that “Nuuk” means “cape”?
Once you’ve rung in the New Year, you’ll need a place to rest your head and recover from the festivities, so grab your room at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles. There’s no better way to re-fuel after a late night than with a hot cup of coffee and a hearty B&B breakfast. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Have you ever celebrated the holidays in Cape Charles, Virginia? If not, then we think it’s about time, especially since there are some fun upcoming events that you’ll want to enjoy! From home tours to tasty treats to Christmas lighting displays, the Eastern Shore of Virginia definitely knows how to celebrate the season. Interested? Then take a look at these events, grab a room at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles, and get ready for some celebrations Cape Charles-style:
20th Annual Historic Holiday Homes Tour: December 5, 2015, 1:00 PM- 5:00 PM. Tour some of the most beautiful homes in Cape Charles decorated in a holiday theme of “Christmas By the Bay.” Want to order your tickets now? Call 757-678-0010. (Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles is also a stop on this tour, so you definitely won’t want to miss this fun event!)
Grand Illumination of Central Park: December 5, 2015, 5:30 PM. Lights are a huge part of holiday decorations, and this Grand Illumination will take place just behind our inn. So, once you’ve finished your Holiday Home Tour, you’ll make it back just in time to enjoy the lights!
Chowder Cook Off: December 13, 2015, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM Watch local restaurants and local fire departments battle it off at this year’s Oyster Farm Seafood Eatery’s Chowder Cook Off! Plus you’ll get to enjoy live music from Heather and Nathan Travis during the event.
Happy Holiday Season from Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles!
Now that Halloween has passed, and we’re a couple of weeks into beautiful November, most of us are starting to look forward to the holiday season. And with the arrival of the holiday season, that means it’s time to start your Christmas shopping.
We all have at least one person in our lives who is hard to buy for. Whether it's a sibling, a best friend, a boss, or the sort-of-acquaintance who lives next door, you may be at a loss as to what offer them for the holidays. That's where Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles comes in! Check out these gift ideas from our B&B (perfect for both past and future guests!):
- A stay at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles. Book your parents a much-needed getaway at our B&B, and allow them to relax and indulge in everything the Eastern Shore of Virginia has to offer.
- A Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles Gift Certificate. Add a bit of flexibility to the gift of a getaway by giving your friends and family a gift certificate!
- Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles Souvenirs. Give a former guest of ours a small piece of their B&B getaway in the form of a beautiful souvenir. Whether it’s a comfy baseball cap for your cousin or a coffee mug for your Secret Santa gift exchange, our souvenirs are perfect for someone who has enjoyed a Cape Charles retreat at our Inn. Interested in placing an order? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We look forward to seeing you soon on your next Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles adventure! Do you have photos of your getaway that you’d like to share with us? Feel free to post them on our Facebook page.
Many people wonder about what you can expect to get when you’re staying at a B&B like Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles. Keep reading to find out the answer to this question along with three things you WON’T get on your B&B getaway.
What you WILL get:
What you WON’T get:
We look forward you to showing you in person these 7 things that you will and won’t get here at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles.
Fall photography is a popular activity this time of year, and if you’re in a picturesque spot like Cape Charles, your photo ops are endless! So grab your camera, some walking shoes, and a room at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles, and get ready to photograph everything from our LOVEwork display to the bayside sunsets. All we ask is that you share your photos with us on our Facebook page!
Here are a few photography tips to help you out on your fall adventure:
Ready to photograph autumn in Cape Charles? Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles awaits your arrival!