Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles strives to provide every guest with a personalized experience. Every guest reservation is both important and special to us so please take a moment to review these policies put in place to ensure all guests have a positive experience. By submitting an online reservation, you agree to accept our policies as stated. Questions? Please do not hesitate to ask!
Rates are based on double occupancy and do not include 5.3% VA state tax and 5.7% Occupancy taxes. Rooms cannot accommodate additional guests. Payment methods accepted: Cash, American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa.
Reservations and Charging Credit Cards
Reservations are secured by credit card and 50% of the payment is taken at the time of reservation with the remaining charged at check-in. Your reservation confirmation is e-mailed to you as soon as possible after completion of the reservation form.
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
If arriving outside of check-in times please call to make arrangement. If you are going to be later than your arranged arrival time, please update us on your status and we will do our best to accommodate you.
11:00 AM or prior
If you would like to stay and play for the day we can secure your luggage for you until your departure.
If your travel plans change or you must cancel your reservation, please call us to discuss your cancellation. There are certain times of the year that we have had to turn away many reservation requests and a cancellation places our small business in hardship if we are not able to fill those rooms. Therefore, our cancellation policy below is necessary.
Once you have made a reservation (whether over the phone or online), there is a $35 cancellation fee per room regardless of when the cancellation is made. For a full refund (less $35 cancellation fee), two weeks’ notice (30 days for special events and holidays) of cancellation is necessary. Reservations cancelled under the 14 day (30 day for special events or holidays) time-frame will be charged in full. Special events or extended stays require full nonrefundable payment at time of reservations.
The Bay Haven Inn does not issue refunds for “no show” guests or those who depart early, cancel less than 72 hours upon arrival, or for special event/holiday reservations. Reservations with a minimum stay requirement that are reduced to fewer nights will be charged the full amount of the required stay. If you have any questions regarding our cancellation policy, please ask.
COVID 19 Cancellation Policy
In light of the national concern about coronavirus and various “stay at home” restrictions, we have implemented the following cancellation policy:
- If you cancel your reservation 14 days or less prior to your arrival date, you may reschedule/postpone your stay or we will issue you a gift certificate for the amount of your deposit. We will waive the standard $30 fee for cancellations/rescheduling. No deposits will be refunded for cancellations inside of the 14 day window.
- If you cancel your reservation more than 14 days before your arrival date (30 days for holidays), we will either issue a refund once we are able to reopen, less a cancellation fee of $35.00 or issue you a gift certificate for the amount of your deposit. We will waive the $35 cancellation fee if you elect to receive a gift certificate.
- If you cancel a reservation less than 24 hours prior to check in, you are responsible for the full amount of your stay, including any packages ordered.
- “No-shows” will be charged for their entire stay, including packages.
- No refunds for early departure.
Other Important Items
- Breakfast is served at 8:30 am. It is our goal to provide you with a memorable and personalized meal. Please tell us about your dietary requests when you make your reservations.
- Well-behaved children (or shall we say well-behaved parents) twelve years and older are welcome. (Keep in mind our rooms have a 2-person maximum occupancy.) Most B&B guests are looking for an escape from their everyday lives and we try our best to offer that experience.
- The Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles is a smoke-free property (this includes electronic cigarettes); however, we have designated outdoor smoking areas available. (No smoking or use of candles in rooms or on patios or balconies) For the comfort of future guests, we reserve the right to assess a $250 charge for guests who violate this policy.
- Although we love four-legged friends, we are not able to accommodate them at the Inn. We are a pet-free property so that we can accommodate our guests with pet allergies.
- Special Requirements: It is our goal to accommodate any special needs you may have; however, if you do not let us know about them we cannot fulfill your requests. Please let us know of any special needs you have, particularly special dietary requirements, when you place your reservation. We will notify you if we are not able to fulfill your request(s).