We all love a good breakfast recipe, right? Cereal and toast get so boring after a while, so mix up what you eat for your morning meal with a yummy recipe from Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles! Try out these Fluffy Egg Soufflés, and feel free to share a photo of the results on our Facebook page!
– 1-cup eggbeaters
– 1-cup egg whites
– 2 Tbsp Water
– 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash (we use Fiesta Lime or Table Blend, based on taste preference)
– 1 Tbsp ground mustard
– ½ tsp salt
– ¼ tsp pepper
– ½ cup diced peppers
– ½ cup diced tomatoes (optional)
– ½ cup diced meat (leftover bacon, sausage, and/or ham work well!)
– ½ cup diced or shredded cheese
– ¼ cup diced onion (Vidalia or Spanish)
– ½ cup left over cornbread crumbled or frozen shredded hash browns
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix first 7 ingredients in a measuring cup, and set aside.
3. Spray 4 ramekins thoroughly with cooking spray (or grease with butter).
4. Begin layering ingredients beginning with cornbread or hash browns on bottom, then half of the cheese (reserve remaining for top layer), then peppers, onions and tomatoes (if desired). Add final layer of cheese.
5. Wish wet ingredients and pour over mixture until all ingredients are covered well with mixture. Place on a foil lined baking pan and place in oven. Cook for 35 minutes, longer if you want a crispy brown top.
6. Once in the oven do NOT peak! Only open the oven door when you are removing soufflés.
Serve directly to the table using caution with the hot ramekins. (Or remove from ramekin by holding with a pot holder and using a paper towel to turn the out the soufflé and place on a lightly dressed bed of fresh salad greens.)
We hope you enjoy this egg-based recipe from our inn! Don’t forget to book your room now at Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles and enjoy breakfast right here on Virginia’s Eastern Shore.