Stay Safe, Stay Small, Stay Inn at the Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles
Updated policies regarding COVID-19
Jim and I have always strived to create a welcoming, clean, and comfortable space for our guests at the Bay Haven Inn, filled with gracious hospitality and delicious food! We can assure you nothing has changed there!
Our regular hugs and handshakes will be replaced with welcoming waves and smiling eyes behind our face coverings. ( For Now! )
Our porch and grounds have many inviting nooks that can comfortably practice physical distancing to enjoy the peaceful sounds of summer on the shore or engage with other guests at a safe distance.
Enhanced Guest Room and Public Areas Cleaning
We are following all Federal, state and local guidelines for lodging and food service. Extensive sanitation will take place between guests in all areas of the inn. We have added sanitation stations throughout the inn and wipes in locations where needed.
- In order to minimize contact, daily housekeeping will not be available during your A laundry bag will be provided for towel exchange, as needed, by placing it outside your door. With a quick text we will promptly deliver a new bag of towels.
- We have removed all the extra fluff! (Sadly, because we know you love the special décor for each room) We have removed comforters, shams and throw pillows for
- Housekeeping will be adding additional cleaning to high touch areas throughout the day.
Safety of our Guests and our Team a top Priority
We care deeply for those who LIVE, VISIT and Work in Cape Charles. Because of this we are going above and behind to create a safe environment for all of us. Below are a few things we are doing:
- Social/Physical distancing is in effect and face coverings required in all indoor common areas by Virginia guidelines.
- Our signature Bay Haven Inn robes and extra blankets have been bagged and sealed for you upon
- We will still provide beach However, we cannot ensure sanitation of umbrellas and beach chairs so we cannot provide them at this time.
- We will ask a series of questions of guests before arrival:
- Have you traveled outside of the country in the last two weeks?
- Have you been in contact with anyone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks?
- Are you traveling from an area that has had an outbreak of the virus in the last month?
- Any guest exhibiting signs of illness will kindly be asked to leave in order to protect other guests and our employees.
Food Preparation and Serving at the Inn
We know that one of the main reasons you come or return to the Bay Haven Inn is for the breakfast and socialization. We have thought this over and over and feel we have come up with a plan that keeps things as “normal” as possible. We are counting on you to help us implement this plan!
- Our delicious breakfast will still be provided. We have created social distancing seating so everyone can still enjoy but a little further apart! Couples traveling together are of course welcome to sit near each other if desired. We will not be offended if you choose to opt-out of a hot breakfast for a portable breakfast of a baked good and yogurt. We will verify this before your
- We will of course be using gloves and masks during breakfast preparation and
- We have created a Coffee Bar set up for each room, when you check in you will be shown your “spot” and all things specifically for you will be designated in that
- We will temporarily shift to using paper napkins as we cannot bleach our cloth However we will be serving you on our beautiful dishes, they can be santitzed at a safe level in our dishwasher.
Updated Bookings and Cancellation Information
It has certainly been a difficult 3 months for all of us! Our difficulty as a small business has been via cancellations. We have done our best to be understanding and flexible of all of our guests needs. See our COVID 19 Cancellation Policy below:
- If you cancel your reservation 14 days or less prior to your arrival date, you may reschedule/postpone your stay or we will issue you a gift certificate for the amount of your deposit. We will waive the standard $30 fee for cancellations/rescheduling. No deposits will be refunded for cancellations inside of the 14 day window.
- If you cancel your reservation more than 14 days before your arrival date (30 days for holidays), we will either issue a refund once we are able to reopen, less a cancellation fee of $35.00 or issue you a gift certificate for the amount of your deposit. We will waive the $35 cancellation fee if you elect to receive a gift certificate.
- If you cancel a reservation less than 24 hours prior to check in, you are responsible for the full amount of your stay, including any packages
- “No-shows” will be charged for their entire stay, including
- No refunds for early departure.