In this time of national concern, we wanted to let you know what we are doing here at the Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles in regard to COVID 19. First and foremost, we hope you and your loved ones are healthy and navigating these new unchartered waters. Jim and I are healthy and working hard to make sure this treasured town we call home is protected as best it can be at this time.
We made a decision in mid-March to cease taking reservations and have worked with scheduled guests to reschedule/postpone their visits. We made this decision in regard for our guests’ health and protecting our community. Since then the Governor Northam has instituted a “stay home” order until June 10th (we are watching this as it is likely to be lifted earlier)
We have modified our Cancellation Policy in light of the current situation, and we encourage all guests to review it.
When we do re-open (and we WILL!) we will be taking extra precautions provided by the CDC in guidelines for cleaning lodging properties. We will implement these extra measures to keep our guests and team as healthy and safe as possible.
In the meantime, take time to enjoy these moments, enjoy your “quality time” J with your family, reach out to someone who might be alone, make plans for the future. Hopefully this passes and underscores what we already know to be true: when we face the unimaginable, even Covid-19, our collective spirit is strong and we will rise together again. Until then….”We’ll be waiting for you” in Cape Charles and we look forward to celebrating this in our rearview mirror!
Wishes of good health for all,
Jim and Tammy Holloway
COVID 19 Cancellation Policy
In light of the national concern about coronavirus and various “stay at home” restrictions, we have implemented the following cancellation policy:
- If you cancel your reservation 14 days or less prior to your arrival date, you may reschedule/postpone your stay or we will issue you a gift certificate for the amount of your deposit. We will waive the standard $30 fee for cancellations/rescheduling. No deposits will be refunded for cancellations inside of the 14 day window.
- If you cancel your reservation more than 14 days before your arrival date (30 days for holidays), we will either issue a refund once we are able to reopen, less a cancellation fee of $35.00 or issue you a gift certificate for the amount of your deposit. We will waive the $35 cancellation fee if you elect to receive a gift certificate.
- If you cancel a reservation less than 24 hours prior to check in, you are responsible for the full amount of your stay, including any packages ordered.
- “No-shows” will be charged for their entire stay, including packages.
- No refunds for early departure.